REELZFest™ Green Olive Tapenade Recipe
- 5 pitas
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Spiced pita (5 pitas)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a blender or in a food processor, put the olives, olive oil, parsley, capers, and lemon juice. Pulse for 30 seconds, until olive mixture is well combined and chopped. Scoop into a small bowl.
- For the spiced pita, in a small bowl, combine the 1/3 cup olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and paprika. Brush spiced olive oil over pita.
- Bake pita directly on the rack or on a baking sheet, for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove pita, let cool and cut into 8 triangle pieces.
About Katie Brown
Everyday life at home is a joyous adventure for Katie Brown, whether she’s planning and cooking a dinner party, working in her garden, redecorating a home, or meeting the day-in, day-out needs of a family.
Katie has been serving up her unique brand of domesticity for over 20 years. Her career has included successful shows for the Lifetime, A&E, and Style networks, regular appearances on the TODAY show, Good Morning America, and Live with Regis and Kelly, and five books – Katie Brown Entertains, Katie Brown Decorates, Katie Brown’s Weekends, Katie Brown’s Outdoor Entertaining, and Katie Brown Celebrates from Little, Brown Press. The sixth season of Katie’s TV series, KATIE BROWN WORKSHOP, is currently airing on public television. Katie even designed an exciting line of home and gardening products with the regional retail giant Meijer.
Most recently Katie served as the Editor in Chief for Yahoo’s very popular DIY site, Makers.
Katie Brown makes cooking, gardening, and decorating fun, affordable and friendly. In Katie Brown’s world, life is always better, Home Made.
You can find more of Katie’s recipes at katiebrown.com