REELZFest™ Three Bean Salad Recipe
- 6 cups string beans cut in half
- 6 cups yellow wax beans, cut in half
- 3 cans cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups thinly sliced red onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped tarragon
- 1/2 cup chopped chervil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil; add ½ cup of salt along with the green and yellow beans. Cook for 6 minutes or until tender, but still a little crisp. Drain beans and run under cold running water to stop them from cooking.
- Add onion, cannelloni, green and yellow beans to the vinaigrette. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tarragon, chervil, vinegars, honey, and olive oil. Mix in the bean mixture.
- Let salad marinate for at least two hours in refrigerator before serving.
About Katie Brown
Everyday life at home is a joyous adventure for Katie Brown, whether she’s planning and cooking a dinner party, working in her garden, redecorating a home, or meeting the day-in, day-out needs of a family.
Katie has been serving up her unique brand of domesticity for over 20 years. Her career has included successful shows for the Lifetime, A&E, and Style networks, regular appearances on the TODAY show, Good Morning America, and Live with Regis and Kelly, and five books – Katie Brown Entertains, Katie Brown Decorates, Katie Brown’s Weekends, Katie Brown’s Outdoor Entertaining, and Katie Brown Celebrates from Little, Brown Press. The sixth season of Katie’s TV series, KATIE BROWN WORKSHOP, is currently airing on public television. Katie even designed an exciting line of home and gardening products with the regional retail giant Meijer.
Most recently Katie served as the Editor in Chief for Yahoo’s very popular DIY site, Makers.
Katie Brown makes cooking, gardening, and decorating fun, affordable and friendly. In Katie Brown’s world, life is always better, Home Made.
You can find more of Katie’s recipes at katiebrown.com