REELZ Fest™ Corn and Tomatoes Tossed with Blue Cheese Recipe
- 1 in lemon cut in half
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ears of fresh corn shucked
- 1 pint grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Add the lemon and sugar to a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the corn and cook until just done, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from boiling water and cool in the ice bath to stop the cooking process. Remove from ice bath. Cut the corn from the ears and place in a large mixing bowl.
- When cool, add the grape tomatoes, green pepper, and red onion to the corn. Add the blue cheese, fresh thyme, olive oil and red wine. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
About Katie Brown
Everyday life at home is a joyous adventure for Katie Brown, whether she’s planning and cooking a dinner party, working in her garden, redecorating a home, or meeting the day-in, day-out needs of a family.
Katie has been serving up her unique brand of domesticity for over 20 years. Her career has included successful shows for the Lifetime, A&E, and Style networks, regular appearances on the TODAY show, Good Morning America, and Live with Regis and Kelly, and five books – Katie Brown Entertains, Katie Brown Decorates, Katie Brown’s Weekends, Katie Brown’s Outdoor Entertaining, and Katie Brown Celebrates from Little, Brown Press. The sixth season of Katie’s TV series, KATIE BROWN WORKSHOP, is currently airing on public television. Katie even designed an exciting line of home and gardening products with the regional retail giant Meijer.
Most recently Katie served as the Editor in Chief for Yahoo’s very popular DIY site, Makers.
Katie Brown makes cooking, gardening, and decorating fun, affordable and friendly. In Katie Brown’s world, life is always better, Home Made.
You can find more of Katie’s recipes at katiebrown.com