REELZFest™ Beer Brats Recipe
- One six-pack of your favorite pilsner or ale-style beer
- 2 large onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 12 uncooked bratwursts
- 12 hoagie rolls or large hot dog buns
- In a large saucepan, combine beer, onions, and brats, and bring to a simmer, uncovered. Let simmer until brats are just cooked through, 20-30 minutes. You can simmer the brats ahead of time and store in the fridge in the beer mixture until ready to grill.
- Prepare grill for medium heat.
- Remove brats from beer mixture. Continue to simmer onions until they are cooked through. Remove onions and discard liquid.
- Grill brats until nicely browned on all sides.
- Serve brats immediately on buns with beer-simmered onions and condiments such as ketchup, mustard, pickle relish, and sauerkraut.
About Katie Brown
Everyday life at home is a joyous adventure for Katie Brown, whether she’s planning and cooking a dinner party, working in her garden, redecorating a home, or meeting the day-in, day-out needs of a family.
Katie has been serving up her unique brand of domesticity for over 20 years. Her career has included successful shows for the Lifetime, A&E, and Style networks, regular appearances on the TODAY show, Good Morning America, and Live with Regis and Kelly, and five books – Katie Brown Entertains, Katie Brown Decorates, Katie Brown’s Weekends, Katie Brown’s Outdoor Entertaining, and Katie Brown Celebrates from Little, Brown Press. The sixth season of Katie’s TV series, KATIE BROWN WORKSHOP, is currently airing on public television. Katie even designed an exciting line of home and gardening products with the regional retail giant Meijer.
Most recently Katie served as the Editor in Chief for Yahoo’s very popular DIY site, Makers.
Katie Brown makes cooking, gardening, and decorating fun, affordable and friendly. In Katie Brown’s world, life is always better, Home Made.
You can find more of Katie’s recipes at katiebrown.com