Club REELZ Exclusive – REELZ Fest™ BBQ Chicken Legs Recipe
What’s a music festival without a bit of tailgating? Our friend, Katie Brown, has put together a rockin’ menu of delicious recipes for your REELZ Fest tailgate party and this one is a Club REELZ exclusive, just for you! It’s time to grab a beverage and fire up the grill! We’re adding new recipes to our REELZ Fest page every week, so stay tuned for more tasty food to go with these great REELZ rock docs!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 bottle BARBECUE SAUCE
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 24 chicken drumsticks
- Salt & pepper
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the barbeque sauce, mustard, molasses and bourbon to the onion mixture. Bring to a simmer and let simmer until sauce thickens, about 10 – 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Season the chicken drumsticks liberally with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Grill drumsticks until skin is crisp and juices run clear, turning to cook on all sides, about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Transfer about ½ of barbeque sauce to a bowl and reserve. Brush drumsticks with remaining sauce and cook until glaze forms, about another 3-4 minutes longer.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately or at room temperature along with the reserved sauce.
About Katie Brown
Everyday life at home is a joyous adventure for Katie Brown, whether she’s planning and cooking a dinner party, working in her garden, redecorating a home, or meeting the day-in, day-out needs of a family.
Katie has been serving up her unique brand of domesticity for over 20 years. Her career has included successful shows for the Lifetime, A&E, and Style networks, regular appearances on the TODAY show, Good Morning America, and Live with Regis and Kelly, and five books – Katie Brown Entertains, Katie Brown Decorates, Katie Brown’s Weekends, Katie Brown’s Outdoor Entertaining, and Katie Brown Celebrates from Little, Brown Press. The sixth season of Katie’s TV series, KATIE BROWN WORKSHOP, is currently airing on public television. Katie even designed an exciting line of home and gardening products with the regional retail giant Meijer.
Most recently Katie served as the Editor in Chief for Yahoo’s very popular DIY site, Makers.
Katie Brown makes cooking, gardening, and decorating fun, affordable and friendly. In Katie Brown’s world, life is always better, Home Made.
You can find more of Katie’s recipes at katiebrown.com